Friday, October 1, 2010

Update nearly a month overdue

Although I have internet on my phone, it's not particularly good for updating this blogspot. I'm considering buying a netbook in Windhoek before moving to site so I can upload photos and keep in touch a little better, but I make no promises. Flash summary of Pre-Service Training: Flight was long and exhausting, but very much worth it. Training is intensive but very helpful and the staff and trainees are really, really amazing. I went to the Herero Heroes' Day celebration, moved in with my fantastic host family, ate a lot of meat, got to know a lot of cool people, learned some very basic Oshikwanyama, watched soapies on NBC, got "Mexican" pizza at a hotel (bacon/salami/mince, feta cheese, jalepenos and some other things -- actually really delicious), traveled to Windhoek, and last but not least, visited my permanent site. I think I have the best site of all the trainees in Owamboland if not in Namibia altogether. I have a flush toilet, clean water, electricity, a fridge, TV, incredible host family and community, great school (learners and staff) and I'm very close to Oshikango. I can't wait to move there (mid-October). Unfortunately I'm short on time, but I have a new address:

Lisa Raffetto, PCV
Etomba Comined School
P.O. Box 121
Ohangwena
Namibia
9000

Having a blast over here. I love and miss y'all in America, MUAH!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment